Course ContentKnowing what the law expects of the SHE Representative as well as how to interact in the SHE representative system, is very important to make the system work.
Specific Outcome 1:Explain the specified requirements to conduct safety, health and environmental representation activities at a working place, with emphasis on SHE communications:
- Confirm understanding of the specific requirements to conduct safety, health and environmental representation activities that pertains to SHE communications
- Confirm understanding of the consequences to safety, health, environment and production if SHE communications are not effective.
- Confirm understanding of the specific rights, powers and functions and duties of the SHE representatives in terms of SHE communications
Specific Outcome 2:Describe the legislative framework of workplace health and safety legislation, legislation pertaining to SHE communications, and the effect on the duties of health and safety representatives of health and safety legislation pertaining to the employers and employees (including contractors):
- Show an understanding of the definitions and terminology relevant to SHE committee meetings
- Demonstrate an understanding of the objectives of the MHS Act and OHS Act in relation to SHE committees
- Demonstrate an understanding of the health, safety, environment and production consequences of not complying with the SHE communications requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of the statutory requirements applicable to SHE representatives in relation to SHE communications
Specific Outcome 3:Participate in the actions to address safety, health and environmental related issues, with emphasis on the SHE communication:
- Address SHE communications at SHE committee meeting level
- Gather information to conduct suitable SHE committee communications
- Resolve SHE committee meeting issues
- Understand the consequences of not addressing SHE communications issues at the SHE committee
What will it cost